Thursday, August 25, 2011

I have a Kindergartener

Today started at 6 am. Hannah sprung out of bed quicker than she would Christmas morning. Talking a mile a minute and she was dressed and shoes buckled before I even had my shower turned on. Officially today was orientation day. It is the only day that she would go to school this week, to be evaluated and get a feel of her classroom with only 4 other kids before the real deal starts on Monday with 20 kids.



Dropping her off went so much better than I thought. There were no tears and we were able to take our time with her and wait until she said she was ready for us to go. She was a little shy with her teacher, but still made eye contact and shook her hand, so we felt really good about the fit.





I met her at the front door three hours later. She was excited to show me the necklace she made and thrilled to tell me that she crossed all the monkey bars with out help.

As much as Madal and I missed her today, I know Kindergarten is going to be great for her and I am embracing this new season more and more every day.

After pulling up in our drive way and looking back at my little elementary schooler, I knew half day kindergarten was the right choice for us : )

No comments:

Post a Comment