Sunday, March 11, 2012

F Words

I love all the monogram crafts that are out on pinterest right now and I love the look that my friend have in there house when they display their last name in fun and creative ways.
I just love the look!!


I feel that with the last name of Freed having a giant F in my house would not be cute and playful, but look a little more like this...

FAIL, FLOP, FEARFUL...

With this in my mind I try and resist the urge to jump on the monogram bandwagon of cuteness. Instead I went to the store to buy a H and M for the girls room (I will reveal that soon!!) and while I was there and fighting the urge to buy a F, I picked one up..... "Why do you want an F, Mom?" Hannah asked. "Why do you think, Hannah?" I answered, sure that she would instantly answer FREED!! "Ummmm" she thought, "FUN!" she blurted out. "Nooooo" I said shocked that she didn't think of the obvious. "Friend" she tried again. "Fancy, Fantastic!"

My innocent, positive and sweet little girl, THANK YOU! I realize that it is not the letter F that is the problem, it is where my heart is, that is the problem. My heart aches everyday with the thought that my body Failed to carry our third child to term. All of my hopes and plans for the year came Falling down and I am left Fearful of what will come. Will I ever become pregnant again? FAILING FEAR... Will this just happen again, if I do become pregnant? FEAR!

We are Freed, and we are Fun and Fantastic and we will Flurish. We will be Fearless because God has our Future in his hands.

So in an effort to change my heart I bought the letter F.


I think it looks Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. I love your red F! The Freeds are fun and fabulous and fantastic! WE LOVE the FREEDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts after reading this a second time. Sometimes it is hard to say the simplest things to the ones you love the most. I know that the past few months haven't been what you had expected, and sometimes when things don't go how we hoped, we get lost in the sadness, the despair, and lose sight of our strengths. I am relieved that you ended your blog with Fearless, Flourish, Fun, Fantastic, and Fabulous. And, although I am not as creative as you with All Words F, I wanted to point out some things that you HAVE accomplished recently.

    You have a way of turning raw materials into beautiful things. Here is my list of your success (and I am sure that if I asked around, the list would become MUCH longer):
    You have turned a house into a home,
    Rags into a Rug
    A single (smart, beautiful) woman into an amazing family
    Grass into a playground
    Garden into family nourishment
    Josh into a wonderful man and father ;)
    Trash into Treasure
    Strangers into Friends
    Pennies into Riches
    Laundry Room into a place you actually WANT to be (craziness!)
    Fabric Scraps into Pillows
    Daughters into Sunshine
    Struggles into Strengths

    You should feel proud of who you are and what you have done. I know I am proud to be your cousin. So, have Faith. You are amazing! And I love you.

    <3
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete