Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fabric Flowers part 1 and Annabelle's hat

Having two daughters, fabric flowers is something that I have done a lot with. To be able to take a scrap piece of fabric or ribbon and make a hair clip or head band or cover a stained shirt has been so much fun for all of us. So I thought I would share.

I was asked to make a hat for the prettiest little girl with the most beautiful eyes. Annabelle's hat was just a simple brown knit hat like the one I showed you before and was finished off with a simple folded flower.



To make the flower is very simple, you most likely can figure it out just by looking at it, but I will do a step by step because that is what craft bloggers do..and I love them for that.

1) Cut out 4 circles out of your scrap fabric.



2) Fold each circle two times.







3) Stitch or hot glue (I stitch) each folded piece into a quarter of a round piece of felt all the way around.





4) Once the first four pieces are stitched on, cut out four smaller circles.



5) Fold each of the smaller circles two times the same way you did with the larger circles

6) Stitch (or glue) each of the smaller pieces between each of the already stitched on larger pieces all the way around your flower.





7) Finish by stitching on a button or something pretty in the center of your flower.



TA DA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment