Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Love for Hats

Maybe this should be titled "My Love for Knitting", because this is more about knitting than hats.

My dear friend sent Madal the cutest little red coat, that she has been wearing all winter. She gets so many compliments and it is the perfect weight for staying warm and strapping her into the car seat. Our only problem is finding a hat to match. Red is more a color for the boy world and I wasn't having any luck finding a red hat that didn't have a character from the Cars movie on it (I will save my character issues rant for another day). Enter in why I LOVE KNITTING!!!.......



Red chunky yarn is under $5 and finding this pattern, our problem is solved and the cuteness continues.



When you can knit, you don't have to search for things that work, you can just make things that work. My only problem now is, I can't stop making these hats. Hats for everyone!! I need to look into a new knitting project. Stay tuned

3 comments:

  1. You MADE that?! I love it!!! I think I need to place an order for 3 matching ones for next year. :) Well done, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE knitting, too, Christine!! So, I'm going to write down the instructions for that hat right now, and try it! I have lots of yarn to use up!
    If you ever find a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be knitting", PLS let me know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    Congrats on your new blog. It is beautiful. I found a pattern recently and wanted to share it with you. I know it is too small for the girls but I know you have lots of friends having babies so you might be able to put it to use.

    Here you go: (Baby Leg Warmers)

    http://www.purlbee.com/baby-leg-warmers-for-mila/

    ReplyDelete