Monday, March 28, 2011

Drama, Drama and Tired Mama

Thursday we got wind that our little town was going to have a professional Ballet come through on tour. The girls are so in love with ballet and I would hate to miss a rare opportunity. So last minute, I bought tickets, threw together some outfits, made dinner, and got everyone ready.

Ok..wait... back up... earlier that day Madalyn told me that her belly button hurt, it did look a little red and I told her to leave it alone. After nap she came to me and said that her belly button had water in it. Sure enough there was a clear fluid coming from the inside of her VERY deep belly button. I called our Pediatrician and wasn't able to get an appt. for that day to have it looked at, but they would get me in first thing the next morning. Before hanging up they made it clear the thing that I can watch for until than. Fever, fatigue, shaky, ect.. and if these things were to happen we would need to go to the ER. The ER?? Really??? Over a belly button?? NAAAHHH.....

Sure that none of this would happen and I would keep my early morning appointment only to be told to apply more Neosporin, we got ready for the Ballet.



Naturally the girls were so excited! They danced though the house and begged me to let them wear lip gloss... no signs fever or fatigue here. We made it to the Pavilion on time and even was able to sit next to Madalyn's best bud.





Half way through the performance, one of the ballerinas came dancing down the aisle. Hannah was on the edge of her seat with stars in her eyes and Madal was having a hard time keeping her eyes open. We knew something was wrong, we grabbed our things and left the ballet. In a few minutes we were in the ER and Madal had a 102 fever, shaky like crazy and dry heaving. She was treated for a bacterial infection that was in the abyss of her belly button. She was so miserable and we were shocked that we had no idea what was going on down there and that these awful symptoms came on so quickly.



By the time we got home it was late and the antibiotics the ER gave Madal had kicked in and she perked up as if nothing happened. The next day was filled with trying to get Madal to take it easy (even though she didn't feel at all that she needed too) and lots of antibiotics.

Saturday we felt that the antibiotics were doing their job well and it would be fine for us to use our last day skiing. Josh and I skied all day while the girls hung out with Amy (Thank you Amy!!). It was a great way to end the season.

Saturday night I started to feel a little sick, but summed it up to just have aches from my 3.. yes... THREE... falls on the slopes. Sunday morning I woke up pretty miserable, but took some Advil and went to church. The kids went down for a nap after church and so did I. Than it happened... I slept ALL day!! I can't remember the last time I did that!! Can you? When was the last time you took a nap and didn't wake up until the sun was going down?? It is just not something we do as adults. Josh was fantastic, he took the girls out to fly a kite and came home with soup for dinner and just let me sleep.

THANK YOU JOSH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, look at that miserable face...breaks a Mother's heart every time. So, glad she is feeling better and so glad you got to catch up on some sleep, lucky girl! Counting the days to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madal's face in her sick picture just made me tear up a little- so sad and scary how quickly she got sick :( Luckily, her rebound time to health was fantastic!
    -amy
    can't seem to logout as "thebarbershop" what the??

    ReplyDelete