Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hi, my name is Christine and I like things to go my way.. ALWAYS!

I never considered myself to be type A. I guess I always viewed type A as someone who has is it all together and it very organized. Both in which I am not!

I looked up what Wikipedia describes type A as. "Type A individual are ambitious, aggressive, controlling, highly competitive, impatient, preoccupied with his or her status, time-conscious, and tightly-wound."

WOW!

How wrong was I? I am very much type A!!!

I like things to go my way (who doesn't). I'm not very flexible and I can be controlling. It has been very hard for me to take a step back and let the girls pick out their own clothes, wear brown shoes with black pants or string two blue beads next to each other. Is this type A or OCD?? Hmmmmm...

I like things to coordinate. Don't judge me as a mother, but I have a hard time hanging the kids art on the wall when it doesn't match the room and there are no handmade ornaments on my perfect Christmas tree. Don't get me wrong I love my children's art and always encourage and praise them on their artwork......than I stuff it in a binder that works with the thyme of my bookshelf for safe keeping.

So in my attempt to be more flexible, but still be in control, I planned a craft for the kids. I bought two wrapped canvas squares and craft paint that coordinates with my living room. I sat the girls outside with paintbrushes and told them to paint how ever they want, just make sure they paint the whole thing.



I LOVE it!! I love the way it looks in my living room and I love that the girls can do something I can't... paint freely! They can paint anything and it looks great, where I paint best with a stencil and a ruler. They are very proud of their artwork on the wall too!

1 comment:

  1. Very fun! They look fabulous hung up. I really should try that. But from another Type A, what if they mess up!?!?

    ReplyDelete